Born in Erice (Trapani-Italy) July 7th 1961.
- Degree in Physics cum laude in1986 at the University of Catania
- Ph.D in Physics in 1990 at the University of Catania
- Several post-doctoral stages granted by the “Consortium for Microelectronics Research in Southern Italy” (Co.Ri.M.Me.) and by the “Sicilian Center for Nuclear and Matter Physics” (C.S.F.N.S.M.).
- Visiting Scientist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (U.S.A.) in 1988, 1989 and 1990.
- Scientific Functionary at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (E.P.F.L.) in 1994
- Researcher at the National Council of Research (1995-1997).
- Assistant Professor at the University of Catania (1997-2005).
- Associate Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Catania since 2005.
- Co-Director since 2010 of the International School “Materials for Renewable Energy”, organized every 2 years at the “Ettore Majorana Center” in Erice (Italy) and sponsored by MRS and E-MRS Societies.
- Deputy Director of the IMM-CNR Catania Unit since October 2015